Groovybones Inc

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Groovybones Inc

3 posters

Short Story: Dead Head

Groovybones
    Groovybones
    Admin

Short Story: Dead Head Empty Short Story: Dead Head

Post  Groovybones Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:38 pm

so here's the short story I made for english class it's called "Dead Head" tell me what you think!

This was it. It had all been leading up to this moment. The years of construction, the days spent climbing the stupid thing. Now, finally, it was done. Now, finally, Steve could take his life.

The doctors said he was insane, even his friends did, he always heard them talking behind his back. He had been off his meds for months now. He heard the doctors talking about poisoning him, telling him he was schizophrenic as a ruse. Steve didn’t want to go that way, he wanted something big. So he built the world’s largest diving board, and no pool.

Steve took a deep breath, which was hard way up here with limited atmosphere, and stepped up to the edge of the diving board.

As he looked down at the ground miles below him, he thought of everyone who he hates and who hated him, it would all change after this. No more people after him, he would finally have peace.

He stepped off the board and into oblivion. Air roared past his face and for once he felt at peace, until he saw him.

Bill was a lawyer, a good one at that. He had never lost a case in his life; little did he know that he was about to lose that.

Bill ran the same path that he did everyday at lunch, as he loved to stay in shape. He was nearly halfway though his jog when he heard someone yell, “Look out!”

“Look out!” Steve yelled at the top of his lungs. He willed desperately for the other man to move from his landing spot, but he just stood there wondering who was yelling at him.

Then Steve heard a splat. A big, wet, splat, and he felt nothing. He stood up and looked down and saw the other man’s splattered all over.

Strangely, Steve felt fine. The other guy must have broken his fall.

“What!?!” Steve yelled, “You ruined my suicide attempt!” Steve looked the man right in the eyes with distain, then turned around to look at the man’s body to maybe find some identification.

Steve found his driver’s license in his wallet in his jacket pocket.

“Bill Benson, huh?” Steve asked the head. Bill looked back at him with a blank look on his face.

“Pleased to meet you Bill, I’m Steve Smitts. It would seem as though I might have caused you a bit of pain,” Steve said, gesturing to the carcass. “Let me take you out for a bite to eat to make it up to you.”

“...” Bill said.

“Perfect! I know a little diner around the corner we could go to!”

Within a few minutes, Steve arrived at the diner with Bill under his left arm. The waitress yelled something about something not allowed in here, but Steve just ignored her.

“One cheeseburger with no onions!” Steve called to the waitress.

A while later the waitress set down the plate in front of them and said “Enjoy your last meal before the cops get here, sicko!”

“Well she’s pretty rude.” Steve said to Bill as the waitress walked away.

Steve realized that there were, in fact, onions in the cheeseburger. He took Bill up to the till.

“He said no onions!” Steve cried as he waved Bill in her face. Bill dropped a bit of goo from his neck and stared at the waitress with his tongue hanging from his mouth.

“Oh he’s angry now,” said Steve “It might be all the yelling in this place, we’re out of here.”

Steve and Bill walked out onto the street where a policeman tried to stop them. Steve didn’t like police, the last one he met kept trying to put handcuffs on him.

“Run Bill!” yelled Steve as he took off down an alleyway.

Steve decided that they needed a car to flee the cops. He flagged someone down and opened the door.

The man in the driver’s seat was busy yelling something so Steve hit him in the face to get his attention.

“AAGH!” the man yelled as he held his nose and rolled on the pavement.

“May we use your car?” Steve asked politely,

“AAGH!”

Steve took this as a yes and got into the car. He slammed down on the gas and kept a steady speed at 110 kilometers an hour.

Soon a cop car started to follow them.

“What’s his problem?” Steve asked, “Oh well, time to lose him.”

Steve and Bill drove to the lake at the edge of town all the while the cop car following them.

They got to the edge of the lake and Steve looked out at the immense body of water.

“Hold your breath.” He said
    Adviceversas
    Adviceversas

Short Story: Dead Head Empty Re: Short Story: Dead Head

Post  Adviceversas Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:08 pm

Cool! I like it because it's a bit abstract.
    Groovybones
    Groovybones
    Admin

Post  Groovybones Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:09 pm

muchos gracias

I know thats the wrong spelling but it's spanish what do you expect ?
    Adviceversas
    Adviceversas

Post  Adviceversas Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:27 pm

That would actually make a good artsy movie that's made in a foreign language. It could have English subtitles. lol! (subtle emoticon)
    jarguard
    jarguard

Post  jarguard Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:15 pm

Oh whoops, i forgot to reply.

I really like the story because its kind of quirky. I think your writing is very easy to read which makes it more appealing and certainly doesn't bore you. Its kind of pointless, but thats the point.
    Groovybones
    Groovybones
    Admin

Post  Groovybones Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:02 am

jarguard wrote:
    I really like the story because its kind of quirky. I think your writing is very easy to read which makes it more appealing and certainly doesn't bore you. Its kind of pointless, but thats the point.

HOLY OXYMORON BATMAN!
    jarguard
    jarguard

Post  jarguard Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:42 pm

it was a compliment. Take it or leave it, don't insult it.
    Groovybones
    Groovybones
    Admin

Post  Groovybones Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

hahahaha ok ok, I'll take it Smile

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:35 pm